http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015mqp2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015mqp2
Paleolithic rock shelter.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Benenden Roman Road and Ford and getting lost

This is the Roman Road



The Roman Ford  1.6 OHC





A couple of fine upstanding chaps,can I be warned next time so that I can pose?



I was going around in circles here and not paying attention to the verbal hints.

RV@ Hemsted Forest my colleagues having transported a wasp on their windscreen from Sittingbourne ,I wonder if it went all the way back home with them.Why no picture?Anyway off through the girl's school grounds (holiday time so no breach of probation)and then on to the Roman Road.According to my research which is of the same high standard as my map reading,Harold(of Hastings fame)came down here with his army after defeating the Vikings,on his way to lose 6-0 to the French.We stopped a couple of times,once outside the church at Benenden village green .Towards the end of the walk I was disorientated and we walked in a large circle,adding 2  miles to the walk.I have been issued with a verbal warning(in Saxon)
I fell asleep when I sat down at home despite my best efforts not to.
8 miles 4 chaps hot sunny lovely views.

Rhododendron =Rose Tree





A large fish that likes digestive biscuits


Last of the summer Whine?

Oh to be in England (and not be lost)

No comments:

Post a Comment